- Form a well on the work surface with the flour and baking powder already mixed together, add the sugar, flavourings, salt and organic extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix the oil with the sugar, then add the egg yolks and knead until a smooth, compact ball is obtained. If the dough is too firm, you can add a few tablespoons of milk to soften it.
- Line the dough with cling film, wrap it in a tea towel to keep it from getting airy, and let it rest in the fridge overnight.
- Lightly flour the work surface and roll out the shortcrust pastry with a rolling pin. Then with small moulds, cut out the biscuits and place them on the baking tray lined with baking paper and bake at 160° (in ventilated mode) for about 10 minutes.
- As soon as they are golden brown, bake the Santa Lucia shortbread.
P.S. Don’t forget to dust with icing sugar!